Hidden Acres Farm, Inc. is proud to be a part of the globalized legacy of transnational community building around water, food, seed and land sovereignty.
Belief systems that we hold dear:
- The human right to self-determination
- The human right of access to healthy, culturally- apropriate food, as protected under:
- Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights
- Articles 24 & 27 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Article 11 of the American Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Man
- The human right to access to potable water and sanitation as explored through the United Nations General Assembly amendment in 2010.
- The human right to grow, store and equitably redistribute food under responsible and sustainable means for the benefit of the communities in which they are located as outlined in the 2007 Declaration of Nyéléni at Forum for Food Sovereignty in Sélingué, Mali and Just Food’s definition of food justice.
- The right to community seed keeping and seed rematriation as explored by Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance and Seed Savers Exchange.
Organizations and agents that inspire our committment:
Resources that light the path (with an emphasis on the Americas and the Caribbean):
Suggestions on what we should add to this page? Please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for your ideas, thoughts, etc.!